Bethel Assembly Women’s Rock Climbing Group
This past summer has been amazing with the Bethel Assembly Women’s Rock Climbing Group! It has been exciting to see all God is doing in the lives of our members. While I am sad to see the summer end, I cannot wait to see what God is going to do next.
I am also excited about the opportunity to continue developing our climbing skills. The gym is a great place to learn new technique and build strength.
Early Fall Plans
During the Fall months, we will continue climbing in the Black Hills. Starting in October, until the weather changes, we will move our meeting location to Old Hill City Road, aka the 1880 Wall. Locations may vary so be sure to RSVP and check Facebook to ensure you are notified of any last-minute changes.
We are currently in search of babysitters. Our plan is to offer childcare at Bethel Assembly, until the weather changes and we transition to indoor climbing.
Indoor Climbing & Book Study
For the cold weather months, we will be alternating between traveling to the Campbell County Recreation Center, located in Gillette, WY and a study of, “Grace Walk,” by Steve McVey.
The Campbell County Rec center has a replica of Devils Tower in their lobby. This is a great climbing wall, and the only option for off season climbing. The rec center also has an amazing pool with a lazy river and slides for the moms that might be bringing kids along.
Dates & Cost:
- Dates: Every other Tuesday we will be traveling to Gillette for a climbing day. We will leave Rapid City at 7:00 from Bethel Assembly, returning no later than 3:30PM. Due to holidays and scheduled travel dates, there will be some weeks will not be meeting. See the Events Calendar for specific dates.
- Entrance Fee: Community Center Day Pass, $5.00 adult, $3.00 under 3. Family Pass: $11.00 (punch cards are available for a slight savings)
- Belay Certification: A certification class is required at a one-time fee of $15. In order to belay at the center, this class is required.
- Babysitting: $5.00 per child, for a maximum of two hours. Less expensive punch cards are available, and can be used by multiple families.
- Gas for Travel: Gas is covered by our climbing ministry budget. To contribute to the climbing ministry please make donations to Bethel Assembly and earmark “Women’s Climbing Ministry.”
- Bringing Your Kids to Gillette: Kids are welcome. Due to limited space in vehicles, moms may need to carpool.
- Lunch: Bring your lunch and snacks with you. We will be eating at the facility prior to heading home
- Weather Considerations: During the Winter months, snowstorms can make traveling to Gillette difficult. Climbing days may be cancelled or rescheduled due to poor road conditions.
- RSVP Required: Be sure to RSVP whenever attending. This way you can be notified of last minute changes and cancellations.
Book Study on Non-Climbing Weeks
For those that wish to get together on the weeks we do not climb, we will be having a book study, focusing on our identity in Christ, and living a grace filled life.
The over 250,000-selling Grace Walk has helped thousands of believers leave behind the “manic-depressive” Christian walk: either running around trying to perform to be acceptable to God–or thinking they’ve failed Him again and wondering if they’ll ever measure up. Living the grace walk gets Christians off this religious roller coaster. Using his own journey from legalism into grace, Steve McVey illustrates the foundational, biblical truths of who believers are in Jesus Christ and how they can let Him live His life through them each day. As they experience their identity in Jesus Christ, Christians will come to know “Amazing Grace” as not just a song but as their true way of life.” – From Amazon.Com
- When: We will be meeting every other Tuesday from 10:00 – 12:00. See the Events Calendar for specific dates
- Where: 4810 Riva Ridge Rd. Rapid City, SD 57702
- Snacks: Coffee, drinks, and treats will be available for both children and adults.
- Childcare: Childcare will be available at my house for no charge. (We are in the process of looking for a babysitter.
- Study Guide: The study guide is located in the back of the book. We will be using that study guide to facilitate discussion.
March & April Break
Due to extensive travel and iffy weather, we will be taking a two month break for the months of March and April. The Spring and Summer 2018 Season will begin in May.