- This event has passed.
Black Hills Rock Climbing with Bethel Church
June 4 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pmFree
Women’s Rock Climbing Group Meet-Up
This summer Chick Climber and Bethel Church’s Women’s Climbing Group will be meeting most Tuesdays to rock climb in the Black Hills. Times and locations will vary depending on weather. Check each event date for exact times and location.
- All levels are welcome for ages 14 and older!
- Gear is not required to join. Harnesses, belay device, chalk bag and shoes are available for your first three visits.
- There is no cost to attend. This is a women’s ministry small group with Bethel Church.
- You do not have to be a member of Bethel Church to participate.
- We are not certified instructors. This is a free ministry event and not instruction by certified trainers.roc
- However, there will be basic instructions on AMGA standards for top rope belay. More advanced climbing techniques may also be available for some climbers.
- Childcare is not available
This Week is New Member Week!
On new member weeks we introduce new visitors to safety requirements and instruct on AMGA standards for top rope belaying and lowering. Since safety is our biggest concern, all Chick Climber members are required to pass a belay certification test before climbing with our group.
New members are not eligible to begin climbing with our group until attending one of our monthly new members weeks. .
For more information about our Bethel Church Women’s Rock Climbing Group, contact Renee Kahler at (703) 909-4198.